Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2018

My Favorite Looks From New York Bridal Fashion Week - Spring 2018



When my time comes to pick out my wedding dress I know that I will have a very difficult time deciding on what to wear; there are just so many options! Do I want it to be classic or trendy? Should I choose an ivory, blush or pure white color? What silhouette looks best on me? With so many questions to answer I wouldn't know where to begin. Luckily, every year we have New York Bridal Fashion Week to look forward to for some much-needed inspiration about what to wear on the big day.

The Spring New York Bridal Fashion Week 2018 was last week, and during this time, designers from all over the country showcased their best bridal looks. Some of the designers that participated included Maggie SotteroElie SaabJenny YooWattersBHLDNInes Di SantoKelly Faetanini, and Dany Mizrachi.

There were some new trends to see this year including royally inspired gowns, heavy embellishments, and plunging necklines. Check out some of this season’s trends in action in the video from Brides.com below.



I am personally not a big fan of the jumpsuit trend, but I still think that everything from this year's Fashion Week looked absolutely stunning. Below are some of my favorite looks straight off the runway. 


Favorite Classic Look: Oleg Cassini
I think my dress style is pretty classic. I want something that will not go out of style the year after I get married. I like these simple looks that bring out the beauty in the bride. Oleg Cassini did a great job of designing dresses that will make a bride feel beautiful without taking the focus away from her face.


Favorite Ball Gown: Reem Acra
The ball gown silhouette is one of the most popular silhouettes that brides desire. This year's fashion week saw a lot of ball gowns walk down the runway. Reem Acra designed some gorgeous gowns that make a statement with their size. 


Favorite Sparkle LookBerta
This designer was all about the sparkle on the runway this year. The sparkle elements in her designs really gave the dresses something extra in addition to their lacy, delicate styles.


Favorite Jumpsuit: Justin Alexander
Although this jumpsuit trend is not something I can see myself wearing, I still think it looks beautiful. For brides who want something different from a traditional wedding gown, I suggest checking out the designer Justin Alexander. He makes bridal jumpsuits look elegant and high fashion without taking away the bridal element.

Favorite Royal Look: Theia Couture
Theia took the royal trend and ran with it this year. The result was some gorgeous and unique gowns that any regal bride would love to wear. Every dress in her runway show was paired with a royal crown to help complete the look. I think we can expect to see more headpieces like this at upcoming weddings.


Favorite Embellishments: Mira Zwillinger
Stunning embellishments on wedding dresses was something we saw a lot of this year. I like gowns with fun embellishments that are not too crazy. Mira Zwillinger created some beautiful dresses with plenty of fun embellishments and intricate details.


Favorite Bohemian Style: Rita Vinieris
Rita Vinieris wanted to make sure that brides feel empowered in her dresses. The looks she designed really capture that feeling of empowerment. Her dresses are laid back, bohemian, and absolutely beautiful. I love how they make the models look powerful and delicate at the same time.



This Spring's Fashion Week showed us some amazing bridal looks! Whatever your style is, the dress you choose should make you feel beautiful and confident on your big day. Although some people like myself might have a difficult time deciding on what the perfect dress will be, the most important part of the day is marrying your best friend, so have fun with it, and choose a dress that makes you love the way you feel!

I am excited to see what the fall fashion week has in store for us next! What was your favorite look from this season's event?

3 comments:

  1. I really love the last dress you have pictured! I've always wanted to go to a fashion runway show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These wedding dresses are flawless! I got married 7 months ago and I went with the ballgown style. The funny thing is, I had something completely different in mind when I went shopping. Good luck in the future! Decisions...decisions...

    ReplyDelete